Why Join the SAOAO
The SAOAO is an organization dedicated to providing ample resources and networking opportunities to medical students to help them successfully match into the Orthopedic Surgery Residency of their dreams.
Benefits of joining SAOAO include:
- 4 year membership
- Access to the Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (JBJS) online
- Free edition of Pocket Pimped – Orthopedics just for joining!
- Two annual conferences giving you a chance to network with residency program directors, accomplished physicians, and medical students across the country
- Mentorship program with orthopedic surgeons around the country who have volunteered to advise students
- Research program with orthopedic surgeons around the country who have expressed the need and desire for student involvement in their projects
- Virtual curriculum to help you through your 3rd and 4th year audition rotations
- Most recent updates on ACGME accreditation and Match data
- Exclusive discount codes to various essential orthopedic resources suggested by orthopedic surgery residents
- Multiple scholarship opportunities
- Opportunity to publish research and present research at national conferences
- And MUCH, MUCH MORE!!!
3 Different Ways to Join the SAOAO
Join your local chapter
- Look below to see if your school has an established national SAOAO chapter.
- If they do, reach out to the officers at your local chapter and tell them you’re ready to join!
- Click here to pay your national dues.
Join as an individual
- If your school doesn’t have a local SAOAO chapter, don’t worry!
- National membership is affordable and lasts ALL 4 YEARS of medical school.
- Click here to join as an individual.
Start an SAOAO chapter
- No SAOAO chapter at your school? Take the initiative and start one yourself
- The Chapter Toolkit has all the information and paperwork you need to start an SAOAO chapter at your school.
List of established SAOAO chapters
- A.T Still University of Health Sciences School of Osteopathic Medicine-Arizona
- A.T Still University of Health Sciences School of Osteopathic Medicine-Kirksville
- Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine at New Mexico State University
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine-Midwestern
- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine •Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine-Bradenton
- Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine-Pikesville
- Lincoln Memorial University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Lincoln Memorial University College of Osteopathic Medicine-DeBusk
- Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine
- NOVA Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Oklahoma State University Center of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine-Philadelphia
- Pacific Northwestern University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine-Colorado
- Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine-Middletown
- Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine-New York Harlem
- Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine-Nevada
- University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Western University College of Osteopathic Medicine – Pomona, CA